Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New self-contained outboard?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New self-contained outboard?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 07:51 AM
fatbill69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New self-contained outboard?

I started a similar thread in rcgroups but I figured I'd start one here as well because this seems pretty interesting.

It appears a new company has emerged that is building transom-mounted rc outboards that have built in power steering and ESC and are completely self-contained. This is the first I've heard of something like this, and it seems pretty nifty considering you can change power from one boat to another without any hassle. They're sold on this website: RadioControlOutboards
Looks like they have boat plans and boat kits too, one is a retrieval boat which btw I would recommend everyone have a retrieval boat of some kind at all times!

And vid:

I noticed someone on International Waters has tested and reviewed one. Seemed very positive, anyone else have experience with these new units?
Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 PM
crapshooter

yes good stuff. O.S. engines also have there outrunner motors with a built in esc.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:25 PM
fatbill69

That's interesting about O.S., thanks for the info! They have a nitro outboard too, but they certainly don't have anything with build in esc and power steering. Maybe more companies will follow after this new design?