Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Realtree xtra ignite rc fishing boat. Help

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Realtree xtra ignite rc fishing boat. Help

Old 03-29-2019, 06:08 AM
Jdavis182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realtree xtra ignite rc fishing boat. Help

It has finally warmed up enough for my son to try this Christmas present. Fresh out of box all new batteries but when controller and boat are switched on nothing happens and led light on controller does not light up? Customer service email bounces back [email protected] and further research on internet leads me to believe this bear river in Frisco TX is out of business. Looks like may be made by Ignite but couldnt find this company online? I have found video of this boat in action and the controller in use has an antenna on it ours did not come with an antenna on boat or controller and doesnt really have a place for one and its not mentioned or shown in directions? Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be? Or troubleshoot some possible fixes? Thank you.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:42 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I've never heard of the product or maker or seller, but there are some general principles.
Up to a very few years ago, radio control models and transmitters had visible antennas because the wavelengths involved needed the length. Modern radios operate in the 2.4GHz band, and the inch that they need can be hidden inside the model or transmitter. (Its only a "controller" if it is using ultrasound or infra red). Occasionally a manufacturer forgets to include the aerials.
The lack of a light on the transmitter indicates that either there is no power or that the transmitter is not using it. Either way, if there is no transmitter signal, nothing will happen at the boat even if the boat is fully functional.
If this is the video -
- I suspect that the radio and boat controls are very proprietary to the maker, and probably, for manufacturing cost purposes, do not conform to model trade standards. Items like this that don't work are often cured by finding the bit of dud solder, but they also have the problem that they were only designed to be assembled once.
Some boats like this, as a safety measure, only work when in the water, having a sensor circuit that prevents them working when out of the water as a safety thing to reduce the chance of props slicing fingers.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:58 AM
Got RPM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sadly, this product has a reported poor reliability history, see examples below. I doubt that there is a good solution.

https://www.fingerhut.com/product/be...boat/uq093.uts

https://www.ebay.com/p/Realtree-Xtra...rol/1640680226