Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Nikko Barracuda

Old 08-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Overvolted

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Nikko Barracuda

Hi, I justt picked up the above boat. The motor was locked but I was able to free it and it sounds great. Im going to uograde the electronics and run it. The prop shaft has some kind of substance, silicone grease maybe that appears to seal the shaft from water geting in. Can anyone tell me what it is or what I would need? Thank you.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:25 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

It was probably silicone grease. If you are going to upgrade the electric bits, a "real" prop shaft assembly would be a good idea to move the comversion on from toy to model.
Instruction sheet here - https://fccid.io/CVTRP6400H/User-Man...-Manual-115921
I didn't notice any mention of lubing the shaft, but did see that it was reccomended to empty the water out after sailing.

Last edited by mfr02; 08-16-2020 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Add instruction sheet link
Old 08-17-2020, 08:06 AM
Overvolted

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for the info on the grease. I may just do the electronics and end the build there. Its a nice old boat that the kids will play with and I would like to keep the auto bilge pump setup. Down the road I am going to get a propper hobby grade boat for myself and my wife to run. After reading the stickies I may get a cheap chase boat to bring back a broken one as well, whats a few more rc's,lol.