Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Outboard motor boats gone?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Outboard motor boats gone?

Old 12-18-2020, 07:13 AM
elkriverscott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Outboard motor boats gone?

HOWDY, I see lots of electric outboard motors for boats but who still sells outboard motor boats as in a rc boat with an outboard motor on it?
Old 12-18-2020, 07:45 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I believe only Nova Rossi and OS still have nitro outboards. There is only one or two that make gas outboards as well
As far as where to get hulls, it depends on what you want. What kind of boat do you want to build?
The following users liked this post:
elkriverscott (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 10:46 AM
elkriverscott

Don't want to build quite yet. I was just curious as to why I let the whole disappearance of outboards go right by me. However now I'm rethinking it and would like to have a boat with an electric outboard. Just surprised that no one sells them electric. I keep seeing the motor ads but no boat and electric motor ads. Thank you very much. Scott. P.S. Just watch, now the boat and electric motor will reappear!
Old 12-18-2020, 02:45 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

If you want, I can get you plans for a tunnel hull. Just need to know the size and, better still, they are free
Old 12-18-2020, 04:09 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sadly, the OB tunnel classes around me quickly died off for no real reason. One race that drew 13 .21 boats one year couldn't get 3 the next. It used to be one of the most popular classes around. There are still hulls available from a few places in both wood and fiberglass. https://mlboatworksrc.com/ . Mike makes them both ways.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:25 PM
That outboard guy

I'm having a K&O 1955 Evinrude Aquasonic outboard 1:9 scale outfitted with a brushless motor. A 7.2 volt battery will in theory get 7,200 rpm out of it. I am mating it with a same era model (1954) aristocraft Torpedo (16") also about 1:9 scale. she will move quite nicely once set up.