Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

The Prop-Shop in the UK

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

The Prop-Shop in the UK

Old 01-06-2021, 11:48 AM
Retiredat38

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Prop-Shop in the UK

Anyone know anything about the Prop-Shop in the UK? Good bad or indifferent?

I can't get him to respond to e-mails either through his web site or direct from my mail service. https://www.prop-shop.co.uk/index.php
Old 01-06-2021, 12:59 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Have you considered talking to Mack Products? He may be able to help you out as well. The address is:
index
You might also want to check here:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplac...ips?tag=1%2F16

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-06-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:09 PM
Retiredat38

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Have you considered talking to Mack Products? He may be able to help you out as well. The address is:
index
I didn't see anything small enough. I need something around 4/5 inch or 22-23 mm.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:42 AM
mfr02

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Products are generally reckoned to be the best that you can buy anywhere.
It is as well to remember that, like most model boat outfits in the UK, this is very much a one man band, cottage industry affair, not a corporate monolith. Every year, at this time, there are Christmas holidays. This year we have the added interest of a Covid-19 lockdown following a long period of restrictions.
Looking at Cornwall models site, they list props around your size from various manufacturers with various numbers and styles of blade and made to fit various shaft diameters.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:20 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They reopened a year of so ago after closing a few years following a fire. They talked a big game about being back at it and getting back up to speed. But I have not heard from anyone in 8 months or so that has had any success in getting a response from them. It is one thing to need time - but a problem when they just dont even bother to respond to communications or orders.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:04 AM
Retiredat38

I knew about the fire and so last year I e-mailed them through their web site to see if they were up and running. No reply.
So I asked another hobby shop I do business with if they knew and their response was, Yes, he's up and running.
So I ordered a prop and shaft to see if that was the one I wanted. It took 6 weeks for it to get here and during that entire time, no communication from them. In spite of my asking for status, tracking numbers, etc.

The prop is perfect for my purposes and the quality is unmatched. But I need a total of three (PT Boat). So against my better judgment I ordered 3 more sets of props and shafts (one spare). That was 3 months ago and still no word in-spite of my queries.

I understand that stuff happens. That's not a problem as long as I know what's going on with my order. The internet has made every merchant accessible by the whole world. And a responsible merchant will keep his customers informed of the status of their orders. If he wants to stay in business that is.

The only thing different to account for the added delay are the holidays. But I'm at the point now where I don't care if those props and shafts arrive or not. If they're here when I'm ready for them, I'll use them. Otherwise I'll find something else. Either way, the Prop Shop has lost a U.S. customer. If any of you have the occasion of talking to him, you might mention this and his lack of customer communications.

Thanks for your help.
The following users liked this post:
Justaddwata (01-12-2021)