Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Pro Boat Recoil Battery Dead..??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Pro Boat Recoil Battery Dead..??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 04:25 PM
RealestateRichie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Boat Recoil Battery Dead..??

Hello!! I forgot to unplug my battery from my boat after months of storage. Battery charger wont charge it or even initiate a charge. I am using the Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini charger. This is for a Pro Boat Recoil 26 brushless motor. Any suggestions on getting this batter to charge or replacement batteries.
The oem battery was a 30C 3200mAh 3S 11.1V Lipo. Hard to find a similar batter with the same specs. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by RealestateRichie; 03-23-2021 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added to sentence
Old 03-24-2021, 01:37 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Screen grab of a search. just a question of using the right terms. As long as the physical size needs are met, and the C-rating and / or capacity figures are the same or better, it will work.
The only caveats are if the particular boat has an odd connector or trick wiring.

Lipo batteries die irretrievably if allowed to over discharge, and they very rarely come back.

Last edited by mfr02; 03-24-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:12 PM
RealestateRichie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they 11.1 V though. Doesn't the volt make a difference in power/speed?

Thanks for the help and screen shot.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:01 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RealestateRichie
Are they 11.1 V though. Doesn't the volt make a difference in power/speed?

Thanks for the help and screen shot.
It's in the nature of the physics of LiPo batteries that they are 3.7 volts per cell. 3 in series (3S) gives 11.1 volts. As with all batteries of whatever type, the voltage on the label is a nominal voltage, a fully charged one will be a bit more, a discharged one rather less. In the case of LiPo, as you have noticed, dropping the voltage too far is fatal for the battery.
In the world of older type batteries, as the voltage dropped, so did the performance and you could gauge when to end the session safely. LiPo gives almost full power until it doesn't, then everything stops suddenly.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:28 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Something else that most forget about is that batteries have a lifespan of recharge cycles as well. While the number of cycles vary from pack to pack, you used to be able to tell a pack is getting "long in the tooth" by how much time it takes to run down, older packs tend to run down faster than new ones. With the new tech now available, this may not still be the case. Others might know more about that than me since I still run "old school" nicad receiver packs in my boats