Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Sheared Gear on Super Hawaii Dual Motor

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Sheared Gear on Super Hawaii Dual Motor

Old 07-19-2021, 02:39 PM
JMinn99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sheared Gear on Super Hawaii Dual Motor

I bought a Super Hawaii awhile back and didn't get to try it until this weekend. It ran fine but after a little bit it started to slow down and that's when I found the sheared gear. I have looked high and low online and at the local hobby shop for something. It's the center gear that connects the dual motors to the prop shaft. I'm hoping someone has an idea on where I can get a gear. If not, I would appreciate some recommendations for upgrades on the motors and other things. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2021, 06:51 PM
Got RPM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Super Hawaii was always a bit soft in the gearbox department, even with yesterday’s low voltage round cells. The best recommendation I have is to remove the gearbox entirely and go with a single direct drive BL motor.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:09 PM
JMinn99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What brushless motor would you recommend for that? I would obviously want to keep the same performance or better. I don't really know much about this sort of stuff yet but I hear some stuff about a 700 motor that people use for these.