Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Old Supervee 27 update

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Old Supervee 27 update

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 06:53 AM
Dumbo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Old Supervee 27 update

I have two old Supervee 27 boats. One is a 62 and the other is a 64 on the original transmitters. I am a grandpa just running these for the grandkids. I find that the two frequencies interfere with each other. I can run the 62 with either transmitter. This could be a bit dangerous. My question is---- could I buy a new transmitter like a DX3 that will support 2 models and new receivers that are 2.4 whatever and run both boats with the new transmitter? I have almost all spektrum electronics for my planes but only these two boats. They are really fun to run. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Well old-timer (I'm no spring chicken myself) but you may still be able to find a set of crystals for one of the radios to get you more channel separation, the cheap way to go.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:01 PM
JS440
My Feedback: (10)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had very good luck with my FlySky GT3-B radio on all of my boats and cars over the last 6 or 7 years. You could get the 2.4ghz radio and 2 receivers for about $50 total and be good to go. I've got Spektrum in my planes, but never liked their surface radio gear.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:26 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JS440
I've had very good luck with my FlySky GT3-B radio on all of my boats and cars over the last 6 or 7 years. You could get the 2.4 ghz radio and 2 receivers for about $50 total and be good to go. I've got Spektrum in my planes, but never liked their surface radio gear.
I got 2 Sprektrum radios when I bought a group lot of boats.The receivers had very thin circuit boards and cracked easily by just plugging in the servo leads. Newer ones may be better.
The Fly Sky's aren't bad for the money. Three of them were used at a Gas Nationals race I was at and not one problem with them.