Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Zelos G 48" Gas Powered Catamaran Engine

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Zelos G 48" Gas Powered Catamaran Engine

Old 09-29-2021, 07:36 AM
snake07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zelos G 48" Gas Powered Catamaran Engine

Hi All,

The Zelos G 48" gas boat used the Dynamite® Zenoah 30cc Engine, the manual called out "Dynamite® 30cc High-Performance Marine Engine (DYNE1005)", I did a search for this engine specs and details but can't find anything about Dynamite engine......does anyone have a history relationship between Dynamite and Zenoah ? is there a cross reference between Dynamite and Zenoah, if the Zelos G 48" is using the same engine as the G300PUM engine from Zenoah ?

Thank you,
Old 09-30-2021, 07:56 AM
Got RPM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...IaAghLEALw_wcB

The following users liked this post:
snake07 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Dynamite just puts their name on a Zenoah, the same thing that they did with the CY/Sikk engines. Technically it's 29.5 cc's but there are many upgrades for it. I bought several upgrades from Gizmo Motors and complete Ready-To-Race engines. You can check out www.zenoah.com for more spec's.
snake07 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 02:36 PM
tjOntarioOutdoors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by snake07 View Post
Hi All,

The Zelos G 48" gas boat used the Dynamite® Zenoah 30cc Engine, the manual called out "Dynamite® 30cc High-Performance Marine Engine (DYNE1005)", I did a search for this engine specs and details but can't find anything about Dynamite engine......does anyone have a history relationship between Dynamite and Zenoah ? is there a cross reference between Dynamite and Zenoah, if the Zelos G 48" is using the same engine as the G300PUM engine from Zenoah ?

Thank you,
Yep the 48g's DYNE1005 engine is a rebranded Zenoah G300PUM
It's getting harder to source original Proboat replacement parts.
I also recommend Gizmo Motors for parts - they make great mods too. I've heard good things about Bonzi too but haven't used them.

I bought an empty Zelos hull and ordered a G300PUM with mod 1048 carb from Gizmo and it slightly outperforms the stock Zelos. I recently swapped in a GZR 29.5 'pro mod' and it is pretty gnarly
snake07 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 07:32 PM
snake07

Thank you for all the responses and details information.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:41 PM
snake07

Originally Posted by tjOntarioOutdoors View Post
Yep the 48g's DYNE1005 engine is a rebranded Zenoah G300PUM
It's getting harder to source original Proboat replacement parts.
I also recommend Gizmo Motors for parts - they make great mods too. I've heard good things about Bonzi too but haven't used them.

I bought an empty Zelos hull and ordered a G300PUM with mod 1048 carb from Gizmo and it slightly outperforms the stock Zelos. I recently swapped in a GZR 29.5 'pro mod' and it is pretty gnarly
Thank you for the information, I talked to people from Gizmo Motors and they are pretty good with supporting and answering all the questions.
Did you use big bore racing carb from Zenoah (Walbro WT-1048) from Gizmo Motor ? how did you tune it ?