Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

My first boat experience...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

My first boat experience...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 04:36 AM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first boat experience...

Hi fellas, thought I'd tell you about my very first boat. Nothing fancy, but it's a start!!

I've been wanting a boat for some time, but never really got very serious, and because I build them for a living, my interest sometimes gets a little low. Anyway, I ran into a used GP Dagger for a decent price. It arrived with no micro-switch, so I started digging around and found a 20amp ESC from an airplane that I never built, and threw it in. Of course I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I filled the bathtub up tonight and tried 'er out! Well, the ESC works great, and with a quick push of the throttle I can spray water all the way across the bathroom, and almost climb the wall by the tub!!

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited, and my girlfriends VERY PO'd! Really looking forward to trying her out on some bigger water. I have 120 acres of land that has a bunch of small ponds, and one really big one, so water isn't a problem

I believe this boat was supposed to have a micro-switch, and I'm guessing that is either off or full-power. The ESC should be cool, I can just cruse around or really tear it up!!

If anyone else has one of these, or if someone would like to pass on some mods I could do, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for listening to my babbling!!