Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

HELP! STOLEN BOATS ALERT!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

HELP! STOLEN BOATS ALERT!!!

Old 11-29-2003, 08:05 PM
us1hydro
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! STOLEN BOATS ALERT!!!

I recently had my trailer along with over $15,000 worth of tools, lumber etc stolen from my property in Winfield located near the KANSAS/OKLAHOMA boarder. PLEASE Help spread the word to watch for the stolen boats. The Sheriff thinks these give us the best chance to find the thiefs since there is a relatively small number of racers that would be interested in them & they would most likely spot them if they were running on their local pond. With the internet they could show up anywhere!
The trailer was a 1993 BLAIR 12' tandem axle enclosed white fiberglass enclosed trailer with white spoke wheels, dual rear entry and a single right side door. The boats were:

1) NEW 42" turbine cowel AEROMARINE cat with a CMB 90, MACS 90 quiet pipe, 1/4" square drive, anti-vibe mount, aeromarine 3rd ch mix missing the top piece, polished SS prop, custom made hardware. The boat is (or at least was!) painted yellow in the front fading to red. The paint is finish sanded but not yet clear coated.

2) White AEROTEC 40/60 with a custom enclosed driver 1 piece cowl, K&B 7.5cc O/B with aerotec extended motor mount, aerotec "J" pipe, dual 1/4 scale stearing servos, Futaba radio.

3)AC Wave Slave 3.5cc with K&B O/B, the deck is painted PINK with the cartoon character "GOOFY" hand painted on the front and "SUGAR" on the lower rear sides. Airtronics radio.

4) New WOOD Dumas 3.5cc tunnel hull painted yellow with a red cowl. The fuel tanks have been built into the sponsons. No engine or radio.

PLEASE forward this to ALL R/C boaters, especially in the KANSAS/OKLAHOMA area! I have posted a $500 REWARD for information leading to the arrest, conviction of the thiefs & recovery of my trailer. I will be happy to email a copy of the REWARD poster to anyone that wants to help spread the word. If you have information please call the Cowley County SHERIFF at 620-221-5444 or email me at:
[email protected]
THANKS!
Larry Neff
Old 11-29-2003, 08:29 PM
550racer

Default RE: HELP! STOLEN BOATS ALERT!!!

damn man im sorry to hear that.. ****in theafs..ill keep a look out here just in case they get to california..
Old 11-30-2003, 12:37 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Larry , sorry to hear about your misfortune . Have you also posted on JIMS BOAT DOCK ? They have a LOT of racers on there that are in your area !
DETROIT DON , CORNELL , and many others ... Might want to post there as well .
If those stealing ba$tards take the boat out to any local ponds , I'm sure one of the guys that are the racers on JIMS DOCK will surely spot it .
You might also post on the IMPA and NAMBA websites as well . ( especially for your district )
Hope they catch the lousey crappers !
Old 11-30-2003, 03:49 PM
torpedox

Do you have any photos that you could post? it may help. I know what your gong through. I had my shop broke into a year ago. Stole a plasma cutter and welder and assorted tools. thiefs should be Shot!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 PM
BUDMAN27

Dam crack heads.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Start checking pawn shops in your area as most of the time they don't know what they have and want to unload it. There have been theft recovery of boats and gear because of them taking the stuff to pawn shops. Keep an eye on eBay too.
Post some shots of your boats if you can, that will help a lot.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

bummer bro. wish ya' the best.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:03 PM
CadillacDTS2001

boy oh boy that realy sucks , i hope you get every thing back
id help but i live to far away [&o]
Old 07-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Raylon

Getting some pics on here would really help. If we knew what they looked like, then it would be tons easier. I will keep a look out in St. Louis area. Probably will never make it this far though.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:22 PM
hpiguy

Advise your local hobby shops also.

More than likely the boats will be sold to people and they'll take them into a hobby shop and say "How do I make this run?", etc.

And the pawn shops was a great idea. Don't tell them anything, just look around and leave your name and number if they buy any boats, tell them you are ineterested but don't say that you had items stolen. If they think you are a cop or that you will get them busted for receiving stolen goods they won't ever call you. Many pawn shops work hand in hand with theves to fence all the goods.