Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

3.5 K&B outboard question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

3.5 K&B outboard question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 02:15 AM
dirtman-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 K&B outboard question.

Hey all. I've got a new K&B outboard that really rips. The only trouble is that once in a while when I turn or after I slow down the engine wants to race but the boat slows down. Is it cavitating? If so, should I raise the outboard on the mount or lower it? It doesn't shoot a whole bunch of rooster tail, so I'm thinking it must be too low, but it doesn't make sense to me! Any help would be sure helpfull!! ( the engine is secure to the leg, and I checked the flex shaft and all seems well, and it's on a tunnel hull )
Old 05-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 3.5 K&B outboard question.

The outboards don't throw the big roostertails like other boats because of the cavitation plate. Your motor may be a little high. Set the hull on a table with the motor hanging off the edge. The motor should be setting about 3/8" above the sponsons measuring at the centerline of the prop shaft. Try it there for starters. Sometimes a too rich carb setting will make the motor speed up in the corners but that doesn't seem to be your problem.
Did you get the pix that I sent you last night? If not look below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11015_8517.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	7466