Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

K&B 7.5 outboard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

K&B 7.5 outboard

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 02:44 PM
cwh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B 7.5 outboard

A friend gave me a old tunnel hull with a K&B 7.5 outboard. I have no experience with glow engines and need some help on the tuning and running of it. Needle valve settings. Throttle stop setting. What to look for when it is running. Anything that might help with this engine or general info on glow engines. I bought a book but it didn't help much. It runs but does't run the same every time. My experience in the past with hobbies is to ask the pros. Thanks in advance for any information I receive.
Chris Harding
Anchorage, Alaska
Old 06-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default K&B 7.5 outboard

You're semi in luck! I have 2 of these motors. Start with the needle valve at about 2-1/2 to 3 turns out and adjust from there for weather conditions.
One simple way for me to set up the throttle is to hold the throttle wide open on the radio, then set the carb wide open then clamp down the linkage. When you close the throttle, you should see a small gap of around 1/16" for your idle. Adjust your idle trim on your radio from there.
Books and magazines always seem to be vague in a lot of areas, sites like this are the next best thing to having someone there at your side. Need any more help, I'm in here a lot or e-mail me.