Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2004, 12:59 AM
ibuildstuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha this thread is CRACKING me up
Old 03-19-2004, 04:08 AM
LoverboyG

canadianjosh i fount out that if i get the botles to the freezer the night before fill them i get more n20 in!!!
also my job is to fix medical machines
so pleandy of n2o there!!!
i mezure what the system gives me and i fount out that i have two liters in!!!!
exept the on/off valve i have and a nidle valve for the nitro to fix the amount i want!
with this set up i have 1 minute of nitro suply!
the weith of the system is 300 grams!!!
i dont have i radar to see how fast it goes yet but we whent together with an 80 Outrigger
and the man told me that i must have the 100!!
the hydro isnt heavy now!!
also to open the nitro i use the TRIM of the throtle!
stick down/ trim down = engine cut
stick up/trim up =nitro on
stick up/trim midle=w.o.t. and nitro off

i want to c what will hapent to the engine!!

ibuildstuff u dont help u dont whrite!

sorry for my bad english!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:50 PM
ibuildstuff

well as soon as you pull your head outta your ass and realize that you aint fittin 2 liters of nitrous oxide into a 8-12 gram container.... the happier everyone will be...

Jesse
Old 03-19-2004, 03:27 PM
canadianjosh

2 liters is about right for a nitrous cartridge. In fact, the whippets that some ppl inhale, will fill a peoples lungs full. That's a lot more than 2 liters. Now the freezer bit. Since some of the nitrous in the cartridge is a liquid, putting them in the freezer will reduce the pressure inside the bottle substantially due to a gas law that states: that if the volume is constant and the temperature is increased then the pressure will increase, if temperature is reduced it will reduce the pressure in side the bottle. So if you want to get more nitrous out quicker, then you should heat the bottle with your hands or something, no flames, the bottle will explode. On motorcyles that have nitrous, when you transfer the liquid from the stock tank to the bottle on the bike they heat the bottom of the stock tank to quicken transfer. It sounds like thi is actually working in which case congrats. However your engine may start to reject it sooner or later. Increased rpms wear out the following parts. Piston, crankcase, thrust bearing, crankshaft bearing, cylinder walls, head gasket, glow plug, connecting rod, conrod, connecting rod bushings. I suggest that if you are running nitrous a lot that you tear down and inspect your engine on a regular basis, ie every 10-30 running hours or so. This way you can avoid any catastrophic engine failures. Look for any bending in the connecting rod as this would most likely be the first thing to go, cracks, and general signs of wear and tear.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:29 PM
ibuildstuff

liquid doesnt compress, gas yes, but i doubt liquid.. and he is using a dry system, fuel isnt injected WITH the nitrous... but its still liquid.

Jesse
Old 03-20-2004, 05:39 AM
LoverboyG

canadianjosh N2O is gas and by compress it becomes a liquid in the tank
for the engine now after every ride to the sea i take it to peases........
we will see!!!

u buildstuff i dont blame you for messing up my topic
and not been helpfull at all
cose i unterstan that for you im the type of the man who takes the girls u like!hahahahahaha
and u know whats the ***** part???i made them to go all the way!!!

sorry manb ut u r just not good enought!!
its okey u can keep messing it up if thhat makes you feell better!!

Old 03-20-2004, 02:13 PM
BajaBob-delete

LoverboyG

Flaming others because you don't know or understand what you are talking about won't get you anywhere,why don't you grow up and take the adolescent nonsense off the board.The moderators should lock this topic or delete it entirely as it has been a complete waste of everyones time.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:43 PM
LoverboyG

bajabob
i didnt meant to be anoing
but the ibuildstuf keeps whriting thinks that dont have nothink to do or help the topic i start....

anyway take care
Old 03-20-2004, 05:36 PM
canadianjosh

Allright everyone, this is a legit topic, if you don't have any constructive criticism take it somewhere else. Loverboy G, yes a gas will become a liquid when it is compressed, however, the N2O in the little tanks is not compressed enough to acheive a full state change. Putting these in the freezer would allow more N2O to change to a liquid.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:58 PM
ibuildstuff

and when it changes to a liquid, you are not going to get as much into the bottle... not to mention, how are you "filling" these bottles.. how are you resealing them? your setup for that at your medical supply place? seems to me that your nothing more than a 15 year old kid that wants to try to impress people with this stuff... but i can assure you that well... your doing nothing but wasting your time, just due to the fact of a "unpressurized" fuel system, you may think it puts pressure into the tank, which is true, but its not pressurized.. in the least bit... save yourself now... use the SPELL CHECK funtion so no one has to decipher through your jargon... If you wanna go toe to toe on this issue, ill be more than happy too.. becuase you are NOT going to get *that much* of a performance increase using nitrous oxide as a power adder in your boat... so like... i think you just need to step back a bit from the crackpipe and step into reality...

And while your at it, why dont you post some numbers, you got enough cashish to do this nitrous setup... you dont know the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger, so you MUST have a gps, since you seem to be doing so well at this.. post some numbers, lets see the advantage of using it...

You say im doing nothing but screwing up your thread? i think your doing a good job of that yourself.. you say i havent been helpful, well lets think about this... 10 years of drag racing, seriously drag racing none of this kiddy street racing crap... and about the same with marine nitrous applications, your wasting your time, as was stated in a previous post...

So as soon as your ready to post some REAL numbers, on and off the juice, you just go ahead and do that.. i think i speak for EVERYONE as to wanting to see numbers....

Btw, how does defeat feel?

Jesse
Old 03-20-2004, 06:16 PM
BajaBob-delete

Nitrous unlike other power adders such as superchargers and turbochargers only lasts so long,is that set up going to supply enough nitrous to last a full heat? But the answer to that is academic as the sanctioning bodies don't allow its use.

I too would like to see some numbers from such experiments,real numbers and solid engineering info not just numbers pulled out of the air.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:20 PM
bigchap

it is not as easy as just putting it in,the fogger nozzle[the thing that puts the nitrous and extra fuel in]has to be matched to the engine it is being used for,if you put straight nitrous in the engine it instantly leans out and grenades,you have to put extra fuel in as well because you have extra oxygen molecules in the nitrous[basically doubling the air entering the engine],if you can get over the engineering problems then do it,i put nitrous on a vespa px200 scooter once for a laugh,it was mental fun but croaked after 15 minutes!how about a supercharger and nitrous?hmmmmmm,i'm just going to my workshop,i may be some time!
Old 03-20-2004, 11:38 PM
GAMBO

Hi,Guys
i need some help with some info. on this engine,
its a OPS,3.5cc,.21,side exhaust,regular carb,water cooled.
its doesnt have the red or blue anonized color head,just regular aluminum head.
on one of the sides of the engine it says 5L.
i got it as part of a trade,I Know nothing about it,just would like to know if its a
good engine or not,and whats it worth if i was to sell it.
any help on this will be appreciated........Thanks..Luis.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:07 PM
asmithnc

bikes are for guys that can't get the girl attention buy looks alone.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:57 AM
LoverboyG

YEAP THATS WHAT I DO WITH MY BIKE!Hahahahaaha

well ibuildstuf i know the diferens betwin superchargers and turbochargers i just dont know well english!

the tanks are filled up throu the switc on/off valve i have

i get them to the big bottle (with a regulator betwin that gives a presure from 5 bars or more if u like)
then i open the valve for the small tanks and then i open the valve of the big one..

i wait a few sec and i close them down.

the system its not allway open ..i got a servo and a on/off valve for it

and befor that i have a nedle valve to regulate the flow......

with this set up well i m in the most low rpm of the engine and i open it up i get half more

and i have time it that it lust for 1 min open with the flow i have set it up...

numpers i would like them too!!!!!!!!!

thats why a friend of mine is working on a models dyno..not only for me.....

and for speed as soon ill fint a radar gun u will have it.....

after all thats what all about!!!
we play with (big toys)cos we r (big kids)

hahahaha

"There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness" I THINK WE GOIN TO AGREE IN THAT HAHAHAHA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93883.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	114960  
Old 03-24-2004, 04:12 PM
ibuildstuff

well ibuildstuf i know the diferens betwin superchargers and turbochargers i just dont know well english!
you do?

From a previous post.

AND THE TURBO SYSTEM

CHIAO

gone to make a very fast hydro

And you say you know the difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger... from a post that YOU made, on March 7th 2004... you apparently dont know jack about what your talkin about... And to say you dont know english very well... turbo and super are 2 totally diffrent words, no where near alike. I have a theroy, if you cannot speak fluent and proper english, you shouldnt be allowed to mingle with the people that do. As was stated, this thread should have been closed long ago.

Jesse
Old 03-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Incognito

superchargers are belt driven ....turbo by the exhaust presure (fumes) ...

turbo's create more boost then superchargers....the only drawback is turbolag...and it gets real hot [:'(]
Old 04-19-2004, 10:45 PM
snakeyez

u guys are funny. everybody knows nitrous and turbo chargers dont work on nitro 2 srokes. go look in the monster truck forum. that greek guy needs to learn how to type and spell. hes also full of it.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
eclipseti3

After reviewing this forum I would like to comment that I believe the "greek" is a lying sack of $h!t. Maybe you should try running you little boat on fluffy whip. I've got an idea. How about you strap a 6 ounce, carbon fiber nitrogen bottle, and servos quick-dump valve and crap. I bet it would haul @$$.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:30 PM
eclipseti3

I think it would be a good idea to start with a maual "slow leak" valve mounted to a nitrous cartriage. Then, you route that to a homemade aluminum intercooler. I like aluminum. Last, mount this around the windsheid region or at the front of the car where the intercooler is suppose to go. ( I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) I think this would give you a true cold air-intake. Wrether or not you can use this for your boat I don't know. Tell what you think.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
nitroguy123
My Feedback: (3)

umm guys his grammer is poor because he doesnt speak english or at least its not his first language. Why dont you lay off him. He just wants to try it out not force you to use it.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:40 AM
snakeyez

well anyways bottom line is nitorous dont work. its been solidly proven. the greek is just here to stir stuff up.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Swine!

Now to put the proverbial stick into the hornets nest!

Has anyone noticed that a glow engine works on a supercharger principle internally anyway? (If you'll excuse the subtraction of the belt drive)

The crank closes the inlet in the downstroke stage, meaning that when the port(s) open the crankcase is pressurised and the air/fuel mixture is pushed into the cylender. Surely the engine manufacturer is going to have set up this pressurisation properly for maximum engine life etc etc, so if you start throwing extra pressure around you're gonna completely screw around with internal gas flows.

On a side point, anyone daft enough to put nitro into one of these engines would have to use a sub-zero glowplug, cos the gas mixture is gonna be so explosive that it'll pre-ignite as soon as it hits a hot plug.

What have I done?