Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Go sonic?

Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Splasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go sonic?

Hi there.
I'm a complete newbie to this site. Come to mention it, i'm a newbie to all relating to rc modeling. But still i have a courious interest in all, that can go fast and be controled by one person, without him risking his life.

I am a designer by trade. Well actually i am still under education, but i only have about half a year left to go. And this brings me to my reason for wrighting here. I have been interested in fast boats since i was a young boy. But it's only recentlt, that i have develloped the skills required to design, what i think could be the most awsome rc boat ever.

So here it comes...
Would anyone be interested in making an attemt to set a world record with me? I have some 3d sketches to show, that will tell more about my project. But i need to find somebody with a good deal of knowledge about jet engines. And here i mean plane engines and not boatjets.

If i have triggered your couriossity with this, please drop me a line and let us find out if we can do something together.

Regards Splasher.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:48 AM
Splasher

Default RE: Go sonic?

Just to show a litle bit about my idea. Tell me what you think about my toy. And let me know if you have suggestions as to what kind of engines, will be requirered to take this craft to insane speeds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fg13995.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	110202  
Old 03-11-2004, 05:50 AM
ibuildstuff

it has been done, with unsatisfactory results.. jet engines are extremly prone to failure if it sucks in water.. with the model jets that is... but right now your look at 120mph that was done with an electric... but jets wont get you there... even with direct driven shafts, itll be outta sight before you get the engines spooled up.

Jesse
Old 03-16-2004, 03:15 PM
canadianjosh

there is a guy loverboy g putting NOS into his boats apparently, he is hooked on hitting over 200mph. As for power, if you designed a system that used a turbine to spool up and a cluth that could handle the rpm's then you could redline and drop the clutch. Other than that, maybe rocket power.