Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Tarpon Springs, FL - Where to race boats?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Tarpon Springs, FL - Where to race boats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:02 PM
ddebello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tarpon Springs, FL - Where to race boats?

Anyone here from Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, Tampa, etc that can tell me where I can use a Nitro RC boat? Seems like you'd get lots of noise complaints at the beach or most parks. Any ideas??
Old 03-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Tarpon Springs, FL - Where to race boats?

There is a lot of racing action in Florida. Check out www.impba.net or www.namba.com for local Clubs. Someone from a nearby club should be able to point you to a site where you can run with little or no hassle. Muffled pipes are getting to be the norm so a quiet boat will get less unwanted attention.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
pa_28r_200
My Feedback: (3)

That's a great question. I've been tinkering with getting back into boats. I live in New Port Richey, but work in Tampa. I know there is a club in Dover, but it's a long ways away. Somebody has put some course markers in the Lake Next to the Veterans Expressway just off of Anderson Road. It's all industrial over there and right next to the highway so I don't believe noise would be an issue. A couple of guys where running some .15 size boats there a couple a weeks ago and I stopped and talked to them. They said nobody has complained. According to one of the local shops, they've been running there for years. It seems like a great spot. The lake is huge. Let me know if you are interested in going over there..I've got a contact number for the other guys I talked to....

I might also add that there was gentleman in my airplane club (Bay City Flyers) who was into boats that had mentioned to me about a year ago that "they had recieved permission from the owner to run there.." but unfortunately he passed away recently.

Bruce
[email protected]
Old 09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
jer291113

Have you gone to Tarpon Lake accessible from Rt. 19 North or McMullen Booth Road.

This lake is huge and enjoys all forms of water sports - jet skis, water skiing, etc. so you shouldn't have a problem there other wise stop by your local hobby shop they may know a good place to play.

Good Luck!
Old 09-17-2004, 02:23 PM
pa_28r_200
My Feedback: (3)

The president of the Tampa Bay Model Boaters (Norm) can be e-mailed at

[email protected]

It is a IMPBA club with all of the bells and whistles at the location I referenced above.....