Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which spark plug to use??

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Which spark plug to use??

Old 03-26-2004, 07:23 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which spark plug to use??

Hey guys, I just acquired an Enforcer Gator with a boatman hobbies pro-mod 30cc homelite in it. It came with a Champion RCJ6Y plug, and it's time to replace it. Absolutely nobody around here has one of these....I did manage to find a hobby shop who carries a few Enforcer plugs. I got ahold of a RC4Y Champ plug, which looked similar, and of course had the resistor.

Is there a direct replacement that I can get at a mower shop, or an auto parts store.....obviously Champion isn't producing this plug specifically for this motor.....so any advice from anyone running this motor?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2004, 10:22 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Which spark plug to use??

the correct plug is RDJ7Y. Go to a local NAPA parts store and order a box 4-6 plugs in a box.$4 a piece. Make sure to get the resistor type.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:51 AM
runnin fast

you need to make sure the plug starts with (RCJ) it is a plug that does not affect the radio system ((that is very important))
Old 04-09-2004, 09:26 PM
BMAD01

Hey runnin fast, Just exactly what are you talkin bout?? I just got a brand spankin new Zenoah, an it came with an NGKcmr7h