Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

cavation missbud 1/12th

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

cavation missbud 1/12th

Old 04-16-2004, 03:25 PM
fastboater2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cavation missbud 1/12th

how can i get my boat not to cavate
Old 04-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: cavation missbud 1/12th

It's a hydro, they do that.
You didn't mention when where and how but I already know the answers. If it's cavitating on the launch, you are probably just setting the boat in the water and hitting the throttle. WRONG! This puppy has to be tossed into the water throwing it level a few inches above with the throttle squeezed a little. #2 which involves slowing down then trying to get back up to speed and it sucks air. Can't do that either, it's not made to do that with the prop that comes with it. You pretty much have to run it fast the majority of the time. Slowing down for Chicks to check out is a no-no. Sorry, but it's the nature of the beast.
Betcha bought it 'cause it was the coolest looking boat at the Hobby Shop or because it said Miss Bud on it. I'm not trying to be a total jerk if that's what you're thinking (or worse) but too often it holds true.
Try these tips out and it should help you.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:26 AM
fastboater2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks i didnt know that i never owned a hydro boat be for just deep vees and tunnells thanks again
Old 04-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Let me know if this solves your problem. I got into launching all of my boats with this technique. It puts less stress on the driveline plus if your boat throws a roostertail you don't get showered too badly. Some of my boats had a nasty habit of flipping over backwards by not doing it this way.