Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

R/C Boats that look like motoryachts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

R/C Boats that look like motoryachts

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 07:17 PM
75lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Boats that look like motoryachts

I have seen some pretty impressive real motoryachts but the only R/C that I have ever seen to look like one is a Kyosho...anyone know of any other kits/plans made to look like some of the motoryachts? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Default RE: R/C Boats that look like motoryachts

Graupner makes the Azimut Atlantic Challenger, the Jet Star, Portifino II , Manhattan74 , Pegasas III, Moonraker, Carina, Salina, and the new Jules Verne

Robbe makes the San Diego Yacht, Najade Motor Yacht, Montega, Sort boat Florida 26, Katja and the San Remo Motor Yacht

Dumas makes the Chris Crafts, the Trojan Cruiser, the Cavalier, the Prime Time Yacht, Dauntless, and the Donzi Z65 Tournament Fisherman. Also, the Scarab 377 and the Wellcraft Scarab 38 KV.

Billings make the White Star.

Caldercraft makes the sailing yacht Blue Leopard Luxury Motor Yacht and the Royal Yacht Brittannia.

Kyosho of course makes the Majesty, and the Atlantio 600 Cruiser

Model slipway produces the 44 foot motor yacht.

Just to name a few.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:30 PM
75lover

Thanks so much...my favorite is the Robbe San Diego Motoryacht...that's what I want someday. Thanks again.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 PM
75lover

No...wait the Dumas Prime Time Yacht ties for 1st.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Daniel Ramsey

I just recently won an auction of a new Dumas "Prime Time" yacht NIB, it is awesome but may be difficult to assemble as the instructions are rather vague. I salvaged a pair of 550 type of motors from my sons old Power Wheels jeep that he trashed and seem like excellant types of motors to use, there is a huge amount of space in the hull but electric is the best way to do it, if I was willing to go all out I would find a pair of jet pumps as per the original (the actual name of the boat which is a 126' Atwood 126 is "Time" ) I am going to use some electroluminescent strips to simulate the handrail lighting effects, LED running lights and more detailed deck equipment such as radar and such, it even has a jacuzzi on the foredeck, I would like to find a scale doll in a bikini (or several ) to really add realism. I have not started on it but do think it would at the very least be an excellant upscale kit, I think its a 1/32 scale, if you can find one they retail at around $375, my winning bid was considerably less, check it out at the Dumas website on "scale boats".
Old 05-09-2004, 10:57 AM
pompebled

Hi Daniel.

Check out www.kehrer-modellbau.de , for the best jets available at the moment, if you mail them, and give them the dimensions and required number of jets, you'll get advice on what to use to get your Atwood as scale like as can be.

Write in English, Wolfgang knows his languages.

Regards, Jan.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:36 PM
75lover

Wow that's great! I envy you! [>:]