Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC history book

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 12:08 PM
kotori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC history book

I'm writing an essay about the history of RC hobbies, and one of the essay requirements is that one of my sources must be a book. And unfortunately, I can't find any books. I'm looking for something that covers everything, from where each hobby originated from to how each little sub-set of a hobby formed. Can anybody help? And no, unfortunately I can't use magazines in place of a book. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:46 PM
pompebled

Default RE: RC history book

That could prove to be somewhat of a problem....

Most books I know cover only a small part of the hobby (Bert Ebels book about the history and developement of model jets), books about building scale replica's etc...

Did you check the library, modelclubs, googled yourself silly?

You're right though, I get most of my info out of magazines instead of books.
I'll let you know if I come across anything (does it need to be in english?)

Good luck, Jan.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I wish that you would have asked this question about 6 months ago! I had an article saved from my local newspaper that told of some of the early history of R/C. I didn't know myself that the first R/C plane was flown right here in my Hometown. An R/C boat was actually the first radio controlled object, that I found out. Good luck in findng something. If you do a really good job, maybe somebody might be interested in publishing it! I'd like to see what you found out.
I'll do some digging around also.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:12 AM
jamescr

'The Complete Marine Radio Control ' by Hugh Bright published by Chatham Publishing, A UK book which has two chapters on the development of radio control for aircraft and boats in UK. At present out of publication but is being rewritten. Try amazon or libraries