Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

In search of long range RC boat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

In search of long range RC boat

Old 05-08-2004, 11:33 PM
neal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In search of long range RC boat

I am looking for a long range remote control electric boat and can't find any yet. Do you know of one? I would like one with range of up to about 300 feet, electric, and no frills or high performance...just a utilitarian boat.

Neal
Old 05-09-2004, 08:48 AM
LtDoc

Default RE: In search of long range RC boat

neal1,
My first thought would be to put a tall antenna on the boat, which will extend the range a bit. After that? Sit on top of a step-ladder to get your transmitter's antenna higher? Beats me...
- 'Doc
Old 05-09-2004, 05:04 PM
pompebled

Are those 300 feet a typo (300 feet equals about 90 meters)?

Any standard RC transmitter will give you that range....

If you mean 3000 feet, than you'll need binoculars to even see the boat at that distance and probably a special licence, permitting you to use transmitters with such range.

Still the question remains: why?

Regards, Jan
Old 05-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

300 feet is nothing. Figure that the normal race course is 400' long including turns and that our radio systems are usually good for up to 1/4 mile, any standard radio system will do that much distance. I don't like to get my boats too far away otherwise they are nothing but a speck on the water.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:12 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

I am looking for a long range remote control electric boat

Ok , assuming this was a typo , or confusion of the wording ....

remote control - were the power source - batteries and/or motors are directly connected to the vehicle via a loooonnnnnnggggg wire(s)
radio control - no direct wire attachment . Power is onboard and a radio signal is sent to the vehicle , via a transmitter and a receiver thru airwaves .

Now , with that out of the way .... if it is remote control that you are looking for ... the only thing I can honestly say is "good luck"
BUT >>>>> if your wanting radio control - then as already stated by te others , any standard radio setup ( Fuaba - Hitec , Airtronics , Jr - just to name a few of the more well known brands ) will reach 1500 ft pushing out a max of 750 mw of radio signal power .