Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Old Boat kits & plans

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Old Boat kits & plans

Old 05-25-2004, 12:43 PM
catalina13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Boat kits & plans

Hi Gang, Long time no see,some time ago I asked if anybody had any info on the old boat kits such as, Sterling,Dumas & etc.If You would have any pics,plans,info of any kind I would really appreciate it.Some of you sent me some but my P/C crashed[&o] I have the Sterling Chis Craft Corvette & Catalina.I would really like to hear from others who may be interested in these great ole boats.Thanks Much.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-29-2004, 12:22 PM
E-Challenged

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Old Boat kits & plans

I have an old Sterling CC 63 Foot Motor Yacht that I dust off once a year and run for the kids at the 4th of July picinic. I also have an unbuilt kit for same boat that I may sell someday for Ebay price. BTW you can find old Sterling model boats on Ebay. Some partly built ones can be had quite inexpensively. I also have a Sterling Century Seamaid hull that is near finished, need to get more interested in boats to finish it. My 63 Foot motor yacht has an old Liesure 20 ferrite motor and runs on 12 sub-c cells for about 20 minutes. I made a reverse mechanism out of a large automotive DPDT toggle switch linked to a servo. I hollowed out all of the leadloy running lights and the searchlight and installed GOW bulbs. I installed model RR simulated flourescent lights in the cabin and in the rear deck overhead. Lights are turned on sequentially using some old ACE adjustable cams on a piece of music wire that actuates micro-switches attached to each set of lights.I have a bicycle horn actuated by a servo and micro switch. The lights and horn etc are hooked to their own rechargeable batteries tapped to provide different voltages as needed.
I hand carved two bikini girls, a two crewmen and a grandma and grandpa, and made deck furniture of mahogany sticks from the hobby shop. A tiny portable TV set with a piece of 35mm slide film and a gow light inside provides "entertainment" . Doll house miniature magazines, soft drinks and food complete the look. Don't have any pics handy but may dust it off and take some.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:24 PM
catalina13

WOW! Can You beleive all this time! I'm just now getting back to Ya.I did'nt realize I'd been off line this long.I,m really sorry I have'nt gotten back to You sooner.[]thank you so much for Your reply.That 63 footer is a real beauty.If You get this message,this time I'll get back.I would really like to see some pics of Your boat if You have some.I really have a love for these Old boats.I wish somebody would use the Sterling dies & tooling,&start produceing them again.My many thanks again.Smitty. [8D] PS.send me a E Mail if You would like.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
nmeinc

I sent You a PM in regards to a Sterling Model I have..........Karl