Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

380 degrees roll

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

380 degrees roll

Old 07-18-2004, 07:37 PM
biggerswede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 380 degrees roll

Anyone ever seen a boat lift off, get airborne, make 360 roll and continue the race like nothing happened?
I saw that in a R/C boat race last summer. Sadly I missed it with my video camera[&o]
Old 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
biggerswede

Default RE: 380 degrees roll

My typing sucks (as usual). 380 means 360.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:15 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

I've done a few barrel rolls with my Super G and had it keep going. Tighten up, back off the gas, see that its upright and hear the engine running and take off again. Keep in mind, this hull has an open engine & radio area. As far as flips in tunnels & cats, nah, can't say as I've ever seen one land upright, but I've seen mine and several others go airborne about 6' high right in front of us. That'll get your attention!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got some cool footage of some really weird flips were the boats did finish the race. The coolest one was IMPBA President Pat Kelly doing a backflip driving his Sport 40. It blew over on the front straight, landed on it's transom and continued to race like nothing happened! I have another with my son driving an Aeromarine Titan 21 getting airborne, doing a spin, landing backwards but kept running.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Fred Drew

Hey Biggerswede,
I flipped 360 twice last week with a Miss Bud. The first time it stopped but the second time it kept going. I swamped it laughing so hard. We have a small area but this boat is just a little too fast for certain turns with chop so flipping is the result of not caring and full speed ahead! Here is a picture of the Bud.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46747.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	155152  
Old 07-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Jared1106

About a month ago I was across the street from my house on the lake with my Enforcer Mon-O-War, 54", sweet boat, of coarse it has a cover, it was definatly WAY too choppy to be out but what a good time, I was in a turn, it did a compleate roll and never skipped a beat, just kept on going! I wasnt so lucky the 2nd time, it compleated the roll back to upright but stalled out! Lucky for me there were a few kids swimming there, they went out and gave it a push back to shore, emptyed out the water, started first pull and I was off again! Good Time!!!