Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

new boat

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 12:25 AM
pederbumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new boat

hay I just got a traxxas blast for 80$ off ebay it runs good i think but i want it to be faster is thair any mods i can buy that are cheap and good i am 15 and i did gopeds for about 5 or 6years so i no my way around a motor. so if anyone can tell me somthing thats cool.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:13 PM
wierd_dragon
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: new boat

if you have the traxxas villian, then perhaps a more powerful motor or just change your prop around and mess with that. Experiment with different props to see which gives you more power or more speed
Old 07-26-2004, 11:58 PM
pederbumb

ok i went to the lake today and my friend lawnched the boat in he made a bad turn and fliped it about 5 feat away from the shore so the hall filed with about 1 inch of water it then stoped totaly and the motor did not run so it did not responde to the radio at all when i got home i took it all out and took the plates off the sirvo etc and let it all dry. So now if i put the 7.2 v in it it will twich for less than 2 sec and then nuthing at all any help????
Old 07-27-2004, 08:02 PM
wierd_dragon

Where did the water enter from? If it got to the radio compartment then the water might have short circuited the electronics and that would have caused the radio to stop responding. If the water touched the motor and short circuited that, then that's why the motor won't work either. If the motor took on substantial water, then it is best to replace it, and maybe with a higher power motor. You can take out the motor and bring it to a local hobby shop and ask them about it. But if your servos got wet, just take the screws apart, notice how the gears are placed and take a hair blow drier and blow dry everything. Tell me if that helps.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:04 PM
wierd_dragon

also, you might want to be more careful with turns. Boats have a tendency to be very sensitive around turns at high speeds, so unless you are quite confident with what you are doing, and your friend knows what he's doing then that's fine. Otherwise, i don't think it's too wise to go get something faster when you cannot handle the boat that the current speed. Or i could be wrong and it was just a bad turn
Old 07-31-2004, 01:27 AM
pederbumb

well i took it all out and did the blow dryer and stil nuthing works i am shure that the motor did not get wet because when the battery comes in contact with the recaver peace the motor goes to mid rpm for less than 3 seconds then it all out dies but after i take it out of contact it and put it back in it will maby do 1/2 a turn and die again the water came in on the rear end of the boat if it helps i have ben swamped in work so solrey about the time it takes for me to wright back. but the good part is that i just got a used t maxx on ebay ill try to get picks of all
Old 07-31-2004, 01:57 AM
pederbumb

how do i poast a pic
Old 07-31-2004, 02:24 AM
pederbumb

hope it works
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15898.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	159171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46774.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	159172  
Old 07-31-2004, 02:30 AM
pederbumb

ok hear they are the woulden boat is one my bro boght like 10 years ageo and left for me tell me what you can
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43970.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	159173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14664.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	159174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71424.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	159175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp41153.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	159176  
Old 08-01-2004, 10:04 PM
wierd_dragon

i can't tell what's wrong from your pictures. they look all good to me. you should try bringing the boat down to the local hobby shop and try asking them what's wrong with the boat.