Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

shockwave 36

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:56 AM
evader324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shockwave 36

i just got a shockwave 36 i began the break in process and the drive shaft snapped in half. it broke about 3.5 inches down from the prop. what could i be doing wrong? or is it that the boat is cheap. (i read the manual a good 3 times)
Old 08-16-2004, 08:30 AM
evader324

Default RE: shockwave 36

Just a follow up note...the company that distributes the product said it is new and cannot get replacement parts for a MONTH!!! This is B.S. Don't buy one of these until you are sure you can get replacement parts...and even then I'd think twice
Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 AM
pompebled

If the boat is brand new, things like this should not happen, unless you've done something very wrong, which I do not assume.

I would talk to the distributer/shop where you bought the boat and ask for a replacement.

Be nice, but firm, comsumers have rights too!

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Is this a flexible cable that came with the boat? Was it lubed? If it is a flex cable, you can get a replacement from Prather, the people that made it in the first place. Send the broken one to ProBoat for a replacement, then you'll have a spare. Check the alignment of the stuffing tube while it's apart. This has been a problem on some of the other ProBoat boats. If the strut, stuffing tube or engine is not properly aligned, it will happen again and again.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:44 PM
rcflyertwo
My Feedback: (3)

[8D] I just ran a tank of gas through my shockwave 36 and it appears fine!! Plan on giving it a good workout tomorrow though, I agree with the above statements, make sure its greased properly and also it is a prather drive so you should be able to get one from anyone who carries prather products as I have done some searching myself for stainless steel props and cables knowing that those will most likely be the first things to need replacement. Good luck to ya. let me know how you make out with it. Butch in Niagara Falls.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:21 AM
evader324

alright the boat company is being really responsive to this problem. They are shipping a new boat out by thursday. If you ever need a boat because your old one broke always contact the hobbie shop you got it from. (dont buy boats online)
Old 08-18-2004, 06:09 PM
rcflyertwo
My Feedback: (3)

Attention to anyone using this boat, I had a slight mishap on my second run, turning sidewind the boat flipped over on its top. I quickly shut down the engine, so make sure you can do that with yours. it then flipped right side up and began to sink[X(][X(] It sank halfway, with the bow sticking straight up out of the water, Had it not been for the fact that I put three bags of air (made for shipping things) up front the boat would have sunk for sure!!!!!! Sooo I have added some more airbags, some styrofoam under the radio box and on one side of it and I glued some to the decklid also, I think that should help it now. I pumped out the motor and fired up the engine, seems ok, I put some after run oil in it and will put the reciever in a balloon also, Let me know if anything else would help out. thanks Butch in Niagara Falls ny