Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Hurricane

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Kyosho Hurricane

Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Gimp Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Hurricane

I just recieved one of these from an uncle and I've been messing with it but now I feel the need to upgrade it. He said he had the boat since he was ten, and he is now thirty. Which means the thing is twenty years old and its hard to say if he has been putting new parts in. Its still in good shape though thats why I'm willing to put money into it. What I need to know is what some good duel motors would be? The motors in the thing arent in the best shape and could need replacing. I was thinking Traxxas Titan 550 motors any thoughts, btw it has Kyosho Leman Racing motors... I also really need to get some new batteries, the ones I have are getting really wore out from my cars. Any ideas on some good lasting batteries and where? Then I am also thinking I should pick up some new props my uncle said that he didn't know if i'd be able to still get ahold of some. So if you know any place that I can look let me know... Thats it for now thanks, Jay.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Hurricane

They haven't made that boat in a long time but you should still be able to find a lot of pieces for it as Kyosho (and CEN Racing) use some of the same parts yet. Things like a new ESC and motors would bring it back to life as well as some new battery packs. Props are still available and some like the Octuras would give better performance.