Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Nitro Hammer .15 Enigine trouble!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Nitro Hammer .15 Enigine trouble!!!

Old 09-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Hammer .15 Enigine trouble!!!

I just got the Nitro Hammer and it runs right on the stand, but when I put it in the water it bogs down, so half throttle is the same as full trottle on the remote. I can go from half throttle to full throttle without it changing rpm's or speed??? It doesn't stall or anything, it just won't go full throttle. And I need to get a new prop( the old one will free spin too much ) , any idea's? It doesn't go very fast at all, if it jumps out of the water where the prop isn't in the water you can hear it rev up, but when it's back in the water it boggs down. It goes a little faster than idle speed but not much.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Hammer .15 Enigine trouble!!!

The problem is that you are trying to tune the carb out of the water. The prop adds a load to the motor once you launch it, thus leaning it uot. Try richening it a little at a time until you get it up to where it runs better.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Saugling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Hammer .15 Enigine trouble!!!

a new boat/engine? so what about braking in the new engine first... (this means no full throttle and a rich carb setting for some tanks )