Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Run out of gas question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Run out of gas question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:13 AM
LynneFlies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run out of gas question

Right now I only fly airplanes but want to get into the gas powered boats. I know this sounds dumb but what happens when your boat runs out of gas and its out in the water? Swim?

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:07 AM
LtDoc

Default RE: Run out of gas question

Crashbox,
You have several options, swimming being one of them (LOL). Maybe the most 'elligant' is having a 'retrieval' boat (handy excuse for another boat, right?)...
- 'Doc
Old 10-08-2004, 05:29 AM
hellomynameisdookie

Another option is a fishish pole.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:56 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I take several things with me. First, a fishing pole with a top-water lure attached for if it dies within casting distance. Some people use just a reel and tennis ball. Second, I bought a cheap inflatable 2-man boat and 12-volt air compressor. You can find them cheap this time of year. My third one is a Zig-Zag Racer. I attached a cup hook to the back and used the line and one of the balls that comes with it. Drive around the dead boat and the ball and line will grab the rudder and/or the prop to drag the boat back to shore.
I don't recommend swimming any distance to get a boat, there have been cases of drownings from persons trying that stunt.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:34 PM
ritzheli

This past season I got to be able to"time" my boat fuel remaining in the tank by tying a stopwatch to my trans-
mitter and starting it as soon as it cranked over and the boat running smoothly, I could get the boat with-in a
short arm reach(takes a little practice) but it works. Tamaiya makes a fuel level indicator using an LED to tell
you when fuel is low, that's next seasons upgrade for my Miss Budwiser
Old 10-27-2004, 08:31 PM
H and C Sales
My Feedback: (2)

GOT A LINK FOR Tamaiya makes a fuel level indicator ?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:33 AM
pompebled

If the boat is big enough, having a electric motor with a small prop bringing your boat back is another option.

Requires an extra channel at the transmitter to switch on the motor and brings extra weight, but it's an elegant solution.

Regards, Jan.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:32 PM
jake100

Hi check out "Traxxas Nitro Vee" it has a "get home" feature that uses the on board starter to "git-it-back" JK-in-Ok[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 03-21-2005, 09:05 PM
jeremy12

go onto ebay.com to buy a return to shore system. i have a nitro vee i bought it off ebay for $150 canadian. it comes with everything like servos,receiver,motor,RETURN TO SHORE. its a great boat. To paing it you can either air brush it or go to you local hardware store and buy plastic pain thats what i did. i painted it blue and yellow it looks sharp. just dont put thepaint on really thick or you will get bumpy spots.it happened to me. All you half to do is get 220 grit sand paper and sand it off. Make sure the paint is totally dry or it will just smear.