Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:06 AM
wiz0852
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines

I`m really new at boats and have a couple questions about engines... First, I have some old and new .60 aircraft engines (OS & Rossi) what scale boat would this size engine work best in and what mods do I need to do to adapt them to boat??? Second I have anOS .45 Heli engine that would work fine if the exhaust wasn`t on the wrong side, how much trouble is it to swap ends with the carb and the drive end??? thanks, Gary
Old 10-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Engines

First, plane motors don't work well in boats, this has to be one of the most asked questions that we get. Their poor timing and low RPM don't go well in boats unless you're using for an airboat.
Those motors that you do have may possibly but not knowing for sure could be converted with a new marine motor sleeve, water-cooled head, flywheel and maybe a larger carb.