Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

R/C boating is expensive

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

R/C boating is expensive

Old 10-12-2004, 08:47 PM
wiz0852
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C boating is expensive

I just got started in R/C boats awhile back and I thought the expense of the smaller boats wasn`t to bad, something I could live with easy enough, but nobody told me about the MOTORHOME i had to buy today to store them in and get them to the lake with... I hope there isn`t too much more equipment I need!!!!!!!!! WIZ
Old 10-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: R/C boating is expensive

Aw, come on Wiz, didn't you know that? When I started, I could toss everything in to bed of my Ranger. Then I added a cab high cap with a shelf then got a trailer for all of my gear when I go to big multi-day races.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68938.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	182376  
Old 10-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Tachikaze

I have obtained a new vehicle, while I was shopping I took boats along to make sure that they would fit. This vehicle will carry the 1/72nd scale HIJMS Shimakze and HIJMS Tachikaze with all of the support material. And it will do it with style[8D]

Umi has been known to carry her Capitani Romani Class Italian cruiser in the same scale with Grecale Class destroyer and support material in her Toyota Corolla. She goes zoom zoom in that.[X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53450.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	182415  
Old 10-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Ron Olson

Umi is a woman? I know that her real name is Aimee. She has a lot of knowledge of scale boats for a female (no offense intended)!
A few years ago I did one of those "You're know that you're a R/C boater when..........." lists that included shopping for a vehicle that will hold all of your gear but never heard of someone actually taking their boats to a car Dealership!
My shot was taken the day after getting home from last years IMPBA Internats to burn up some film. I still had my sons Mountain bike and my Recumbent, minus seat and front tire on the trailer.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:36 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I knew all those boaters were rich, I just knew it.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:00 PM
tdonily

Now try adding live steam into the mix. Depending on the plant type, it can run $400 and up for a reversible engine and boiler. And that doesn't include all the items needed to run it, plus radio gear AND the hull. You can easily add up a quick sum here...
Old 10-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Ron Olson

I just got my Sport 40 today courtesy of the Big Brown Truck. So far I've got just a little over a Grand wrapped up into it. By the time I get done I'll probably add about another 200 clams or more.