Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC fishing

Old 11-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Navix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC fishing

Hi All!
Here two my radio-controlled boats for fishing:
Red - for delivery of tackles and a bait (with the overturning container).
Grey - a catamaran for installation of fishing net.
Somebody has experience of construction of similar models?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21665.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	189177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26922.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	189178  
Old 11-02-2004, 07:45 PM
hellomynameisdookie

Default RE: RC fishing

Those are some nice looking boats you've got there. I'm no fisherman, so I can't really imagine what those boats are used for. What do they do? How do they makes doing what you're doing easier for you? I'd really like to hear more about them.

-Bryan
Old 11-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Navix

Hi !
Both boats are used only for placing of tackles in a point of fishing.Behind a boat from bank the cord is pulled. Tackles are taken out with a cord.
The plan of a red boat in pic below.There is a container between hulls of a cat. It's overturned with rc.The bait and hooks are stacked in the container.When the container overturns, hooks on a cord fall on a ground with the help of a sinker . The caught fish is taken out for a cord manually.
Grey catamaran - for installation of a net. The net is rolled as a cord, ties round threads which dissolves in water, and is reeled up on the bobbin. By the end of a net attached the cord which other end remains on the bank. The net is taken away on the necessary distance and taken up from the bobbin by the cord. When thread are dissolved, the net becomes into working position . After fishing, net is taken out by the cord from bank.
Alex.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97963.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	189572  
Old 11-03-2004, 04:38 PM
hellomynameisdookie

Hey that's pretty cool. I'd love to a see some vids of those things in action.

Sounds pretty impressive!

-Bryan
Old 11-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Navix

Unfortunately I have no video or pics of these boats in action (fishing). They were made by order and now used by owners. I have only pics/video of a red boat on test runs.
I'm not a fisherman too.
Alex
Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
SoMoney

[link=http://videos.radiocontrolzone.com/rc_angling.mpg]RC ANGLING[/link]

Im trying to build somthing to do the same for under 200. Weight and stability are key to actually hooking and bringing in a fish.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:41 AM
oz-sticky

Im have been in the process of making a fishing boat for ages. Mine is for troling with minimal disturbance to the surrounds. The best result is a electric boat witha quick release when a fish is hooked. I will have to do up afew diags.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Whoa G

how do you get the boats out there? would they just serve the purpose of a float? why not just cast a lure and float out there? what i would think would be cool is if you had a really torquey electric motor in the boat, and just use the boat to bring the fish in instead of pulling it in with a cord - i've seen it done on tv. the boat didn't look all that powerful, and the fish was a fair size. the trick was that the boat pulled the fish in slowly, and i don't think the fish realized it was being pulled in. it did notice at first, and they almost lost the boat, but then the fish stopped pulling, and the boat towed it in. it looked like a 5-7 lb bass that it pulled in - not an easy fish for a little radio-shack boat.