Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

boat hardware?

Old 08-16-2002, 08:23 PM
corey-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat hardware?

Hi guys, I am building some boats but need some help. I am building a small deep vee boat like the dumas short stuff and want to use a speed 400 motor, I think I can build all the hardware my self but I need a shaft of some sort and a coupler to connect it to the motor [2.3mm shaft I think], can anyone tell me what will work? Any advice will be great, thanks. I could also use recommendations to do a norvel .074 version also.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:28 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default boat hardware?

Octura makes hardware for both of these set-ups. The Norvel would not be my choice for a boat as these are plane engines. Try a R/C car engine. I have a .12 mono with a Trinity/Picco that scoots! I've had 2 of the Short Stuffs and they can be a fun boat with a good set-up in them although things can be a little tight in them. A mild .12 would be a handful with this and an air-cooled engine would eliminate the hassle of running water cooling lines.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:24 PM
corey-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default boat hardware?

Hey, thanks for the info!
Old 08-31-2002, 07:55 AM
twmaster
My Feedback: (4)

Default boat hardware?

I too would recommend going with a small car or marine nitro motor. The SP 400 is way underpowered for that hull.