Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help fixing boat for youngster?????

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Help fixing boat for youngster?????

Old 11-21-2004, 11:52 AM
bduffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help fixing boat for youngster?????

I have been asked to fix a Traxxas Bandit for a young fellow. I know glow aircraft but little about electrics.

When you plug the battery pack in, the motor imediately goes wide open with no throttle control. The transmitter can turn the outdrive back and forth but will not affect the throttle. The on/off switch has NO efeect on anything, it just runs wide open-period.

I thought it was probably the ESC. Has anyone had a similar problem? I have looked at the marketplace for ESC's and there are many different Traxxas ESC's. The one in this boat is a plain black reversing unit with no distinguishing markings, just "Traxxas", "ESC" and "BEC" markings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill Duffel

< Message edited by bduffel -- 11/21/2004 4:49:20 PM >
Old 11-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Help fixing boat for youngster?????

It must be another Traxxas boat because the Bandit is a buggie or somebody put Bandit decals on it.
The only thing that I can think of is that the ESC needs to be adjusted or the trim on the transmitter. Try both to see what happens.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:24 AM
MikDee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help fixing boat for youngster?????

It sounds to me like you have the tiny control wire on the esc plugged into the wrong port (slot) on the reciever in the boat, they should be marked,,, also, next check your throttle trim adjustment screw on the transmitter, (radio),,, then, there should be trim adjustment screws on the esc, one is for a neutral adjustment setting, one is for a full speed adjustment, check these with a tiny plastic screwdriver. Good Luck