Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Miss Madison (the movie)

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Miss Madison (the movie)

Old 12-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Bruce Rolfe
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Madison (the movie)

Hsa anybody heard when this movie is supposed to be out. Or was it a shortlived life in the Theaters? I want to see it but have no info. Ron or Larry do you guys know anything?
Bruce
Old 12-27-2004, 09:09 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Madison (the movie)

Bruce ,
If you check on the following link , you will see , it was short lived ..... ( sorry to be the bearer of bad news [&o] )

http://www.roundaboutmadison.com/Ins...2%20movie.html
Old 12-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It kept getting delayed for various reasons. They didn't want to release it a certain times because of the flood of other big releases, then they wanted to wait until after "The Passion of the Christ" movie that Mel Gibson made because they both had the same star in them hoping that he would make it a bigger draw.
I saw that there was some bootleg VHS movies of it going around, one was shown at an R/C show and some were being auctioned off on eBay.
I'd like to see it also, I heard that the R/C boats in it were greatly detailed and that they had to crash them up in some scenes. Roger Newton and some of the others in RC Unlimited did the work on those including the driving for the movie.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Let me throw a little more info on the movie making process. The scale hydros were all .67 powered 1/6th scale boats intensionally balanced to flip at specific speeds. As for the full sized boats, they were supplied(for the most part) by the Kent Washington based Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum. The Miss Madison was actually the Savair's Mist(if I remember right), while the real Miss Madison is presently sitting outside the U-25 shop in Burien Washington. Several of the museum volunteer staff members drove the boats, including director Dave Williams, who drove well over a hundred laps during the filming of the movie. Rumor has it that a couple of the boats wore multiple paint jobs during the movie filming to represent the field of boats that actually ran at the event in 1971. I'll see if I can get more info on what's happening with the movie after the new year starts
Old 01-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok guys, I just got an e-mail today that said that the release date of the movie is April 22nd in the Midwest!You should start seeing movie trailers starting in mid-February.
It's about time huh?