Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

deep vee

Old 01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Ocitsalocs
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deep vee

i bought a new 48" apache deep vee hull. The top section of the hull is not joined with the bottom section of the hull. Do i have to go through the mess of sealing the two together by fiberglass, or can i just use some type of water proof putty?

also, any ideas for a paint job?

joe
Old 01-04-2005, 02:33 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: deep vee

joining ? how 'weak" do you want it to be ? water-proof putty will definately do the trick for the weak aspect .
Color schemes ? Look around , there are also other sites that are RC boats that you can check as well . ( without sitting here and posting them , simply do a search on GOOGLE and be sure to put RC into your search )
Some go with just stock gelcoat colors and then apply vinyl decals , while others do a single color change and possibly some vinyl decals , and others go all out and do some TOTAL exotic paintjobs ( which costs a pretty penny , but when you see them , you will agree , its WELL worth the monies ... )
Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
stevblutu15

Default RE: deep vee

im split on this topic. a few months ago i read in a real boating magazine that today instead of using nuts and bolts to hold boats together, they use three cauks that are all worthy of the cause. the only one you can get, and the only one i remember is called 3m's Marine Adhesive 5200. I have used this stuff, and it is permanent. You cannot peel this stuff off of fiberglass. if you plan to use marine putty or glass it, i would reccommend taking an extra 30 bucks and sealing all of your seams with this stuff, youll never have to worry about it again. plus it has flex to it so the top doesnt crack loose at your seams. I tried to find the article online but couldnt pull it up. ill keep looking.