Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

jet drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 AM
andrew Meyers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet drive

hi i am new how is everyone has anyone put aGraupner scale boat jet drive JET Drive in there boat and if so can you post pics

thanx

p.s. here is a link http://www.hobby-lobby.com/jetdrives.htm
Old 02-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: jet drive

I am actually going to be putting dual Graupner jet drives, and dual engines in my 31" shallow vee, I will let you know how it goes when I get it done (this summer some time, I am currently kind of on hold... Buying a house...)
Old 02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Gear head,

Well, please take it for what it is worth but I have heard bad things about Graupners Jet drive. I hear they have problems with leaking. I was looking for a jet drive for a 1/12th PBR that I built and was steered away from the Graupners to a german made model by a company called KMB. You can check out their website http://www.jet-drive.de/ The upside is the jet drives really deliver and are great the downside is the price. With the declining US Dollar in Europe expect to spend about $400.00 for a dual setup. I can tell you from experience if you were to purchase these you would not be sorry.

Again, please take it for whats its worth. I am not slamming Graupner at all. They make fine products. I just don't think I would have been nearly as pleased had I used their drives. I am mearly passing on what I was told and what I actually did use.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85132.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	603.5 KB
ID:	226600  
Old 02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the info! I am going to be pumping some major power through these drives and I don't want leaking. I can't wait to see how it goes!!!