Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

boats

Old 02-07-2005, 05:32 AM
calvinpool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boats

hi my name is calvin i have a 32 inch vee and a os 46 aircraft engine i want to no what size motor mount i need for it and size trim tabs. thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Macleod

Default RE: boats

Calvin, I think that the engine you have is a little too big for a 32in hull. And by using an aircraft engine is not too good of an idea as you will need plenty of airflow over the engine, to avoid overheating. I dont know if anyone has used an aircraft engine in a boat hull.???
You can used a buggy engine or best still, a marine type engine of around the .21 (3.5cc) range would be good for your first time....

What type of hull you got? Wood, Fibreglass, plastic , etc.... You got photos of it?
Old 02-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Macleod hit it head on. While an aircraft engine CAN work, you will have heating problems, low RPMS, and more weight than needed in a 32" hull. A .21 marine engine will give you less weight, more speed, and with a water cooled head, no overheating to worry about.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:28 AM
calvinpool

hi its calvin again i really took interist in your email i have copper pipe around my motor like a water cooled head. any way how fast do you reckin it would go and my boat is made out of fibre glass. hope to here from you
Old 02-08-2005, 05:44 AM
calvinpool

and how do i send a post the only way i no is to reply this message can you please help me. thanks