Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Painting and Decals

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Painting and Decals

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 08:06 PM
tlmarriott1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting and Decals

I'm using Testor's brand paints on my first R/C boat and I plan to use Glosscote as a top coat when I'm finished. Does anyone have experience with these products and the use of decals? Should I place the decals before or after the top coat? Are there any limitations to the types of decals/stickers/etc that work well with the lacquer top coat?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 PM
stevblutu15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Painting and Decals

i truly do not know, but wouldnt imagine so, simply because it's just a sticker.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Painting and Decals

You may have a compatability problem with using 2 different types of paint. Test it first on a piece of plastic or wood first then drop some fuel on it after the paint has dried thoroughly to see if the fuel will lift the paint.
As far as decals go, most are somewhat fuelproof. Only clearcoat them if you're sure that you don't want to remove them later otherwise they're a real pain to get off.
You didn't say what type of power the boat will have. If it's electric or gas powered then some other paints will work. Nitro is another animal.