Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Conver Gas to Nitro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Conver Gas to Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:23 AM
jak785

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conver Gas to Nitro

Hi, I know someone near me that has a 16cc echo weedeater engine with 4 transfer ports in it and a full crankshaft. This engine isn't stong enough to power any boat of decent size, but I have heard of people converting gas engines into nitro. I was wondering if this would be too big of an engine to convert to nitro. If I can convert it, how do I go about doing so? Also, nitro engines rpm usualy goes up into the 30,000 range, so can a weedeater take this kind of speed?
please respond back.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Conver Gas to Nitro

Let "someone" keep it. Yes, it probably could be converted to Nitro but spending the money on fuel to run it would kill you.
30,000 RPM? If you could, I know of a lot of boaters that would give you a lot of money for it. The hottest Gas engines are only running less than 18-19,000 RPM, no matter what some advertisers would like you to believe. I don't want to be near one that could crank 30,000.
Realistically, the motor would be lucky to push a boat 17 MPH in Gas form, okay, maybe a little more but it's not worth trying to convert in my opinion. Most of those are "throw-away" motors.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:29 PM
jak785

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Conver Gas to Nitro

Your probably right, and i know for sure the fuel would be a killer on my wallet. I was just currious since i could have got the motor for 15 bucks....any thx for your imput.