Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Just a few quick qeustions.

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Just a few quick qeustions.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:08 PM
thumpin15s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few quick qeustions.

I'm an on land guy (I post in the r/c car/truck forum from time to time), so I dont know much about r/c boating. My question is this: What happens if your running nitro, and you stall out in the middle of a lake? Or likewise, if your running electric and you cant make it back to shore before it goes dead?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Just a few quick qeustions.

We get this question about every 2 months, it's right up there with "Why don't boats have air filters?"
It depends on how far out the boat is. Number 1 rule is DO NOT swim after it! After that, there are several ways to do this. A fishing reel with a Tennis ball attached to the line if you have a good arm (I do not). A fishing pole with a floating lure works for me if it is within casting range otherwise I take along my 2 or 3-man inflatable boat. I have one of each. They are cheap. I've picked them up with the oars and air compressor for under $30.00, you just have to shop around. You can inflate them at the pond while you're unloading your other gear and take up very little space when deflated. I have a truck with a cab-high cap on it so I just throw in inside ready to go.
Here's one of the postings on the matter, it's on page 3:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/boat...2534106/tm.htm