Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Miss Budweiser Boat Fuel & Batteries?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Miss Budweiser Boat Fuel & Batteries?

Old 03-11-2005, 12:09 AM
swtridemsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Budweiser Boat Fuel & Batteries?

I just bought a Miss Budweiser off of ebay. This is my first nitro boat, What fuel do you use? I have fuel I use for my cars but it says in big letters DO NOT USE IN BOATS OR AIRPLANES.

My next question is: The guy I bought it from replaced the 4 AA batteries with a rechargeable pack. The pack has a small wire hanging out of the compartment and it has an end on it that looks like the one that is also going into the transmitter. Is there a charger out there that has a small connection like this? I've never seen anything like it, I'm use to the big battery packs in electric cars and boats.

Thanks A Million for any help!

Wade
Old 03-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Miss Budweiser Boat Fuel & Batteries?

Yes, there are plenty of chargers out there for a Ni-Cad or Ni-MH pack, a "wall wart" type wil do. I made up some adapters for my RX packs so that I can use my AC/DC charger to freshen them up anywhere. Some chargers aren't good for 4-cell packs but you can put a 5-cell in there so you'll have more run time and faster, more powerful servos unless the RX has a voltage limiter in the BEC circuitry.
About the fuel. Use a good brand that has an oil content of 18-20% and whatever percentage of nitro that you want up to 40%. You could run more but it's a waste on that boat.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:01 AM
swtridemsu

Thank you so much for the information, you really helped me out a lot!

Thanks Again
Wade
Old 03-22-2005, 12:01 AM
swtridemsu

Got another question, I charger the receiver pack and the throttle servo moves ok but the steering servo barley moves. Should the metal fin on the bottom of the boat move a good bit side to side or just a little bit? If so what should I do to fix it? Thanks Again for anyone’s help!

Thanks A Million
swtridemsu (Wade)
Old 03-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You really don't need a lot of steering throw on boats. Usually 10-15 degrees each way from center will make the boat turn fine.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM
swtridemsu

Ok call me dumb, How do you get fuel into the motor (no choke button, if thats what you call the button on all my other nitro car's gas tanks)? It seems if i will never get to drive this thing! Also how many turns to the screws in the carborator need to be at. Thanks again for helping a newbie at nitro boats!

Thanks
Wade