Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Looking for needle bearings

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Looking for needle bearings

Old 03-13-2005, 01:47 PM
croweville
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for needle bearings

Hello all,
I have a lot of old technology boats and I'm needing some of the needle bearings we used to use on the stuffing boxes.They were 11/32 od and 3/16 id. I need several (10+)so I can put my fleet of power boats from the early 70's back to work. Thank you in advance for your help. TTFN,Bruce
Old 03-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Looking for needle bearings

Some people still use them or else you can swap over to Lead Teflon bearings. Octura should still carry them. I'll look around to see if I can find some others who may have them also.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM
croweville

Hi Ron,
I appreciate your help in locating some for me.My LHS has no clue what I'm talking about,I have two here both about 40 miles in either direction from me. The ones still in my boats are still ok but I know if I use them they'll blow. lol I have not been able to find a source for Octura parts on line and all my stuff is Octura as they were all there was back then. Bruce
Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Ron Olson

OK, you (and I ) got lucky, I just found my Octura catalog. The part number that you need is OC6NE. You can order directly from Octura at 847-674-7351. Sorry, they're not online but there is someone who did take the trouble to copy a catalog and put it online for a part reference, http://www.pirespreto.com/octura_catalog.htm .
Oh yeah, the price in my catalog is $7.95 a set.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
croweville

Hey Ron,

I'm not sure how to thank you for your help,but thanks to you I'll be able to resurrect my aging fleet and get a lot more grins from them.I talked to a nice (and patient) lady at Octura named Trudy who was very helpful with my needs and a whole bunch of goodies will be here shortly.Somebody sure did a lot of work putting the catalog on the web combining that with the number you provided was just the thing I needed to put my procrastination aside and have some fun again.I appreciate your prompt and accurate help in my search and now all I have to do is drag them out for cleaning and check over and get them wet. Thank You again!
Till Then,
Bruce
Old 03-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Ron Olson

You're very welcome. I keep a stack of magazines and catalogs right next this computer so I can look up a lot of things quickly. A ton of links doesn't hurt either that I have saved.