Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Villian EX almost on FIRE!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Villian EX almost on FIRE!!

Old 05-03-2005, 10:04 AM
muggshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Villian EX almost on FIRE!!

Well I finally recieved the trim tabs for my villian, ran like a dream, no bouncing, looked great on the water. Problem is when i took it in it smelled like it was about to burst into flames, all wires from the super rooster were totally cooked. I am running it with 2 15 turn motors, super rooster esc, brass props new shafts, and 2 venom 3600 packs, was wondering if anyone can tell me why it cooked the wires. (scratchin head wondering) thanx
Old 05-03-2005, 10:51 AM
pompebled

Default RE: Villian EX almost on FIRE!!

Did the hull run wet, or free?
If it ran too wet, the drag increase will take a lot of power, heating everything up, with the weakest link going first...

It looks like the wiring was too thin.

How long was the runtime wot?

Remember that the 3600mAh give you a lot more power and longer runtime than the standard Nicad pack from the days the ESC was developed.

Check with the manufacturer if the wires can be changed for thicker ones.

Regards, Jan.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
muggshot

As far as running wet or not, the nose could have bean trimed up a lil more but not very much at all,,the wire gauge is just the standard super rooster wires exact gauge unknown to me..run time was not to long because the boat started slowing after about 10 minutes, took it out and had some weeds wrapped around one of the props and it was not turning, did this over heat the boat by that one prop being jammed up?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:21 PM
stevblutu15

that coulb have done it. your motors are drawing alot of current. I have fried my electric cars before easily, so i would imagine a boat would be just as bad.