Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

VILLIAN FIRE

Old 05-03-2005, 04:08 PM
muggshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VILLIAN FIRE

I forgot to mention , when I took the villian out of the water I did notice that 1 of the props got wrapped with weeds and was not turning the other was fine, did this cause the wires to melt on me??
Old 05-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Default RE: VILLIAN FIRE

After reading your previous thread, It had occured to me that they may be some binding in your drive system. And that the extra friction would cause the motors to work harder and draw more amperage.

The Weeds would easily explain why the motors would come in hot, and the wires nearly fried.
A fuse should prevent this from happening, but it may also require you to go for a swim, or use some other type of recovery system to get the boat back should such an incident occur again.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:56 AM
FCruz
My Feedback: (12)

My neighbor just bought the same boat on Sunday, Charged up the 3000Mah bat. paks and launched the boat, it stop momentarily, then all of a sudden it started smoking lightly, then the smoke got thicker and the boat "Cooked" battery packs exploded and the boat was lost. Obviously not the first Villian this happened to.

All the crew and passengers got off safely!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Been there back when I was messing with electric boats. A local park pond had some green plastic that looked like part of a garbage bag the my prop had found. I fried a $50.00 mod motor in no time. I found out too that the 550 can motors don't like too many volts pushed though them either. It was a wonder that the ESC survived.