Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

crappy plastic prop ?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

crappy plastic prop ?

Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 AM
ALLISONMO2
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crappy plastic prop ?

i just got a blast yesterday and i was out today and in a stream i hit some rocks and it chewed up my prop a bit. will this have a drastic effect on performance? i plan on seperating the prop and rudder soon and getting a flex shaft and good prop. any reccomendations on prop size or model?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Wave blaster

Default RE: crappy plastic prop ?

There on props on www.offshoreelectrics.com. Click on propellers and go down about 3/4 way and you'll see the prop. It is copper and I think is a upgrade for your boat. Otherwise you could always get a replacement prop. And running your boat with a chewed up prop is a bad idea because it will reck your performance and might put to much pressure on your motor. Hope it helps. Matt
Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Better a cheap plastic prop than other things that could have happened. Expect to tear up a prop no matter what it's made of if you run aground, hit rocks or some debris in the water. I carry spares.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:25 AM
ALLISONMO2
My Feedback: (35)

ron, i see your point. what about carbon fiber props? they are cheap but i would imagine much stiffer than the stock plastic.