Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

sk daddle pics wanted

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

sk daddle pics wanted

Old 06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
fishy2k8
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sk daddle pics wanted

Anyone: Please post your sk daddle pics!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Davcruz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: sk daddle pics wanted

Here is the one I am rebuilding 36" SK Daddle. Almost done now, just need to finish hooking up control rods into radio box and get the flex cable and shaft installed and off course get the tuned pipe and header mounted. Hope to be done today or tomorrow.

Marine Specialities HBR dual rudder (was already on the boat, but needed one new rudder)

Brand new Dynamite .32 marine engine

Old 07-02-2005, 05:26 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

Davecruz, isn't that a lot of boat for a little .32? I myself would put in at least an OS .45 with a tuned pipe
Old 07-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Davcruz
My Feedback: (1)

I don't know, maybe it is too small. It had a K&B .61 aircraft engine in it when purchased, it was hosed. The specs on it where around 1hp and 16,000rpm, this is rated at 1.5hp and 28,000rpm, so I think it will be fine. It is for my dad and he has never had an R/C boat so I think it will be more than enough. Heck, this "little" engine pushes the Shockwave 36 to 35mph. BTW, it does have a tuned pipe, just not installed yet.[8D]
Old 07-31-2005, 06:02 PM
dbwisetruck

I am currently building a Sk-Daddle Too. It will have an O.S. .21 pull start marine engine. That is probably too much, but oh well I like speed. There is not a whole lot out there on the Sk Daddles. I will post my pics as soon as I get mine done.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:10 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Wish I had pics of the one I built years ago. It wasn't fast, but since I was in my early teens and discovering R/C boats pretty much on my own, it was great fun. I keep wondering if I should build a larger one now, but I don't know if it would be good for anything other than running in circles on the lake.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:52 PM
xjeepguy

Davcruz, that is a beautiful boat. I am currently restoring my Dad's old 36" SKdaddle to give to him for his b-day. He built it nearly 30 years ago. So far I have all the paint stripped off, and I plan to paint it up like it was back then and set it up to be easier to maintain.

I see most of the pics of SK's on here have that large dual rudder setup on the back. Is that aftermarket, or a Dumas option? I really like that setup. Any tips on the resto would be appreciated, because there is very little info on the boat. Even Dumas isn't much help since it is so old.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80907.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	308202  
Old 12-16-2005, 05:15 PM
fishy2k8
My Feedback: (4)

hey you guys with finished sk daddles.. could you please post pics on how you set up your radio and ran your pull cables! thanks