Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Miss bud 1/12 to electric

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Miss bud 1/12 to electric

Old 06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Z-Rider
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss bud 1/12 to electric

Hey all,

I was thinking of converting a Proboat Miss Bud 1/12 into an electric powered hydro. is it worth the trouble, opinions please. I have a 46" gas deep vee and will soon have an Aeromarine Sprint cat w/ a mod G23 so I am just looking for an over the winter project to mess with. If anyone knows where I could pick up a cheap hull to experiment with that would be helpful also.

Thanks,
Z
Old 06-28-2005, 11:34 PM
69dart

Default RE: Miss bud 1/12 to electric

dont even waste your friggin time... i did it with a llumar and it was a completle and udder flop ...... put your money into something better...
Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 PM
krpnova

I made a motor mount and installed a Kyosho Magnetic Mayhem motor. You can run up to 12 cells with the right ESC. Put on the Octura X430 or X432 prop and you will have a fast boat. Best of all it will get up on plane with out throwing it.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
TCHedOff

Hey zrider

If decide to go to electric, I'd be interested in your engine etc (I'm building a 19" rigger, and thought I would take my .15 out of Miss Bud and sticking in it, and then putting a .21 into the Miss Bud... but if a good deal is around....)