Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

dual motor esc

Old 07-12-2005, 10:59 PM
bebopin64
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual motor esc

does anyone know where on the internet i can buy an esc that can work on 2 motors at once? i really need this to finish my boat. links would be great if possible.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Default RE: dual motor esc

The EVX available at Tower Hobbies is designed to run dual motors on the Traxxas monster truck. That might be an option.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAJD6&P=ML
Old 07-13-2005, 11:26 AM
bebopin64

thanx thats perfect.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:06 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

bebopin,

Its entirely your money and you can do whatever you wish with it but remember, ESCs that are made for cars are meant to be air cooled and not get wet. If you purchase one for a boat they will be marginal at best. If I were you (and I buy ESCs so in a way I am) I spend the money and purchase ones specifically for marine use. In many cases they are actually cheaper than ones for cars. I am partial to either proboats ESC ($40.00 & water resistant) or for scale MCD makes some really nice ones. If your into hot setups like dual motors and such I recommend RCHydros ESC's A good one that will handle 90A will run around $90.00. They are water cooled and water resistant. If you splash water on it no big deal. If you get an EVX or any other car ESC wet well, you probably will be going to buy another one.

Like I said, its your money and you can do whatever you wish with it. I just thought I would offer my humble opinion.

Best regards,
Pete
Old 07-13-2005, 11:10 PM
bebopin64

i would very much rather spend my money on a water resistant esc made for boats, except i dont know where to buy them and thats why i started this thread.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
DuckOfDeath
My Feedback: (1)

Bebopin,

Try OffshoreElectrics.com, they have a few that will work for you.
Duck
Old 08-06-2006, 11:56 AM
churchrvb
My Feedback: (9)

i was looking at those esc but how do i know which support dual motors and which ones dont? i have a villain iv and i want to upgrade my esc
Old 08-06-2006, 05:13 PM
LtDoc

The idea is to take a look at the ESC's ratings, how much current they can handle and at what voltage. It the ESC's ratings are larger than the current draw of both motors then it should work just fine. If not, then being 'water-proof' isn't gonna help when it burns up, right? Don't rely on the number of 'turns' an ESC supossedly can handle. 'Turns' tell you absolutely nothing useful and is a very stupid way to rate an ESC (and motors for that matter).
- 'Doc
Old 08-08-2006, 05:38 AM
pete89

just a suggestion... why do you need a single esc to work both motors? Surely you could buy two identical esc's and wire the battery and radio leads together. That way they work on a common battery and operate together
Old 08-12-2006, 02:39 AM
misshydro

Hi.You can Find them on ebay most of the time cheap.Some one had one from a traxxas villan VI 14.4 that went for 40.00.That includded the wiring for both batterys ecs and batterys.If I'd had the funds that day I'd wouldve gotten it. So try ebay.