Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Villain EX

Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 AM
RcHobby33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Villain EX

I purchased a Villain EX and I’m having problems with the prop alignment. They are not straight
and one is a quarter of an inch out further then the other. I did set the trim but it is almost all the way.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 08:54 AM
rooski

Default RE: Villain EX

ORIGINAL: RcHobby33

I purchased a Villain EX and I’m having problems with the prop alignment. They are not straight
and one is a quarter of an inch out further then the other. I did set the trim but it is almost all the way.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Thanks
What do you mean they are not straight? Can you provide a picture? These outdrives have a "tie rod" connecting them so they have to move in unison. When one moves left 3mm they both go left 3mm, etc. Also, what "trim" did you set? Do you mean the outdrive depth trim?....or the turn trim on the transmitter?

Lastly, when you turn off the boat some times the outriggers will swing a few mm's one direction or another but when you power up the transmitter, then the boat, the outriggers should jump to nuetral (or wherever you have the steering trim set).
Old 07-20-2005, 09:37 PM
RcHobby33

Default RE: Villain EX

I will have to work on the picture. if i put a straight edge on the very tip of the props they are
not even one is a quater inch back. they just aren't re square or parellel to each other.

Thanks
RcHobby33