Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Newbi question about modifying an RTR tug

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Newbi question about modifying an RTR tug

Old 01-25-2006, 11:07 AM
jeep4grog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbi question about modifying an RTR tug

This may be a bit long winded, but here goes.

I am new to both RC boats and this forum. Many years ago I raced off-road electric cars like the RC 10 and a modified Frogger. I used to sail (So CA) and have co-owned a few real sailboats in my time. (Cal 30, Lancer 36 and a Choi Lee ketch) Now I am into more sedate and less expensive hobbies like flying stunt kites and going on long motorcycle rides.

I am working in the Cleveland area and my home, and most of my tools, are in the St. Louis area in my garage. I purchased a Nirvana II sailboat as a present to myself and am waiting for somewhat warmer weather to try her out.

My kids bought me a Dickie tugboat (as a joke, I think...) to rescue my sailboat. I have read up on some of the modifications people have done with the electronics (Model boat mayhem being one of them) and I plan to do the same. I am working out of an apartment but do have access to some machine tools in my place of employment after hours.

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded the motor/prop of this tug and if so, is there a write up on it with pics?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbi question about modifying an RTR tug

Pat Matthews rebuilt one here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353460